Sunday 27 February 2011

Guys who read Shoujo Manga

Have you ever met a guy who has read shoujo manga (like in real life)?
I mean I've seen a few guys who admit to reading it on the internet, which I find pretty cool. I don't think guys who read shoujo manga are necessarily gay, if they were they'd probably prefer to read more shounen-ai or yaoi.

Anyways, I know this guy friend of mine has recently been getting into shoujo manga and he says that he's preferring it over shounen (at the moment). Of course he'a a total noob at it XD
He doesn't see a difference between manga and manhwa (and even manhua).
And trust me, there is a difference but let's save that topic for another day...
He also gets kinda easily sucked in to the cliches but he'll eventually get sick of it and develop his own taste.

He started off by what type of mangas do I read. I replied shoujo and he's like "what kind?" and it pretty much started from there. It's sort of hard to recommend shoujo to guys because I don't want to recommend something too girly.

Although he says he enjoys Kimi no Iru Machi and he really wants me to read it (which I will as soon as my lag is gone) and Kaichou wa Maid-Sama which we are both addicted to (yes it may be pretty cliched but it's done well :L)

I actually don't have friends that are fanatic with manga like me. They either read ones I don't like, read one or two or don't read any at all so I was surprised that I could talk about manga with my guy friend XD

Haha I'm going to regret procrastinating but whatever.
Well thanx for reading ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment