Sunday 28 April 2013

Takano Sensei is qutting shoujo. WHAT AND WHY?

For those that don't know, Takano Ichigo is the mangaka behind Orange which I may or may not have ranted and raved about. She's relatively new on the scene and Orange is probably her best work, her other mangas are cute but mediocre at best.
Even though it was released in 2011 I can dare say it's probably one of the best manga I have ever read. So when I heard that's she's quitting I was shocked.
According to her now deleted blog, a post said that she was essentially tired of haters and she's been contemplating about quitting. "Nothing will change if only one among so many artists disappears" she says, not but you are a top notch mangaka and you haven't even started.
There are plenty of shit ridden shoujo and you don't see them quitting, (insert joke about Watase Yuu). It's just so disappointing. She does plan to finish it off before she quits, not sure if I'm relieved or sad. It's currently on hiatus and I really hope she does the story justice. Not sure if I should recommend it so much anymore since I personally feel it's really good.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* I was so disappointed when I heard this news. Orange will probably be one of my all time favorites if she manages to finish it off.

    It was a bummer that I couldn't put it too high up on my top 10 manga list since it was incomplete.

    ReplyDelete