Saturday 4 May 2013

Shoujo Manga Cliches: My Top 7 Favourite Cliches

There are just some cliches that I love, if done well of course.
I've read a lot of mangas under these categories and I don't know why I like it so much.

  1. Really, Really sweet guys - You know the ones that make you realise you'll probably never find a guy like that? And make you scream kawaii at the top of your little lungs? Example of really kawaii guys are Suwa from Orange by Takano Ichigo.
  2. Bromance - My love for bromances is a bit unhealthy. Friendship is really a sweet thing. Friendship between girls is nice. Friendship between guys is too. Friendship between hot, nice guys. DAMN I'm already on the bandwagon. A good one is from Strobe Edge with Ren and Takumi.
  3. Jealous Lovers - Jealously is the main instigator for guys to take action. Yup, just cos you're hot it doesn't mean she'll stick around. Faster than a Kiss has a lot of those jealous moments.
  4. Tsunderes - Tsunderes are so typical but they are so sweet. I guess it's just my personal preference. Youko x Boku SS has a Tsundere female who throughout the story, tries to counter her mean tendencies.

  5. Older Male x Younger Female - I feel like these types of relationships cos I like the male who seems dominant have a girl 6 years younger drag him along at her own pace. 7 Jikanme Rhapsody, also a teacher x student relationship.
  6. Tall Guy x Short Girl - Maybe I like it cos I'm short myself but I like the idea of a guy being tall, like a protecter of the girl. Hilarity is ensured it the short girl is dominant in the relationship. Narabuna Kiken is a oneshot that puts a bit of emphasis on the height.
  7. Arrogant Guys - Yeah I know they aren't really attactive. But the nice arrogant ones are hilarious to watch. Sir Tiger's Table has a pretty lol-worthy male lead who's dresses funny and is somehow rich as hell.

1 comment:

  1. kagamineLENotakuWednesday, July 24, 2013

    oh wow!! totally agree on the bromance!! (even tho i tell my self OVER AND OVER again that i am NOT a yaoi fan i just cant help but giggle and scream the word "moe" in my head!!)

    ReplyDelete