Sunday 20 March 2011

Manga Review: Sweet Black

Name: Sweet Black
Author & Artist: Nishikata Mai
Status: Completed
Chapters: 4
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo
Plot: 
Sagiri is Haru's childhood friend. Sagiri is also a popular model and the distance between the two becomes wider and wider. Will she be able to deliver her complex feelings to him?
Review:
Despite the insane height difference, the couple is really cute. The story is a bit cliched (with the whole modelling idea and childhood friends thing) but it's cute; and hey I read stories if they do the cliche well.

The main heroine is strong and tomboyish in a sense but she still has a desire to be more feminine and be loved by the main guy which makes her less stereotypical. Instead of some tomboy or girly girl she is in the middle ground.

All I can say about the main guy is : extremely tall but funny.
Give this a go even if it's short :D The only bad thing I can really say is the art may not be up to everyones' taste but I personally don't mind it; I actually think it's pretty good. I think there are a lot of stories like this, like Plastic Girl (which I have yet to review) but it's not overdone and over stayed its welcome (if that makes senes). Overall I enjoyed it so read!
 _________________________________________________________
I might have been posting a lot of  "irrelevant" stuff lately :L
So for that gomenasai
By the way, I already did this review ages ago, I just felt like torturing people XD
Haha I'm a sadist...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, your website is hard to navigate. Sorry to post on a random article, but I couldn't get the other page to work. I'm a fan of Inu x Boku SS, dear, and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime too. ^^ Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete