Monday 13 August 2012

My thoughts To The Beautiful You (Korean Version of Hana Kimi)

Hana Kimi has got to be one of my most favourite shoujo mangas of all time. Despite the common shoujo manga cliches I feel that the story is solid, entertaining and just darn good. I've never watched the j-dramas (which someone has been pestering me to watch) to the t-drama but as soon as it was going to become a k-drama I was ecstatic.



I am a big fan of SHINee (Minho) and rookie group EXO so I was excited to know they were casted along with f(x)'s Sulli and various other professional actors. Here is the extended preview:




The thought comes to mind as to whether these idols are competent enough to play their roles.

look at the neck and jawline
Choi Minho, main rapper of korean idol group SHINee will be playing as Sano Izumi or Kang Tae Joon. He has some background in acting and from what I've seen, it is pretty decent. He has trained in high jump for about a month with a professional high jump coach so I'm confident he will do quite well. Plus he shares a lot of similarities with Izumi. He loves sports and is one competitive guy; nothing stands in the way of him and winning (seriously) and with his dad being a renowned soccer player turned soccer coach it's not surprising.

she does fit Mizuki surprisingly
Choi Sulli (Jinri), I assure you they are not married or related, a vocalist of Korean girl group f(x), was casted to play Ashiya Mizuki or Koo Jae-Hee. I initially had doubts of her pulling off the boyish look but I think she has done well in capturing Mizuki's girlish looks in a tomboy image. She was a child actress so you can say she has had acting experience although we will have to see when the drama comes out. Sulli has been complimented on her acting skills by some staff so I am anticipating some good acting.

The only problem I am probably going to have with this drama is the director. Do you all remember Boys Over Flowers? The most cringe worthy experience of my life; I literally stopped when they go to the amnesia part, seriously they used every common plot device in the book (kidnapping, rich, hot, arrogant guys, love triangle, strong girl who becomes weak etc.). I am really concerned as to whether the director can honestly live up to the expectations that this manga has. That is why it's best to lower your expectations for this one.

Also another thing is that it is being produced by SM Entertainment, one of the biggest music companies in South Korea. They are of course utilizing their budget by having a matrix like effect (which they like doing in their music videos) in their high jump scene. Take a look at this behind the scenes clip (and bask in his hotness).


No matter how badly this drama is done, Minho, Sulli and every actor in this drama will have their popularity sky-rocket, whether they will be just as prominent as the Boys Over Flowers cast is still unknown. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment