Thursday 3 April 2014

Otome Plays: Seifuku no ojisama, Games with old men?

Name: Seifuku no ojisama
Developer: Poppyseed Otome

Overview:
Alright, I know this really deviates from manga reviews and I'm not actually playing this since it's all still in Japanese. So while I was browsing through the Google Play Store, I found this otome game unlike any other. The reverse harem consisted of middle aged to old men. Well, mature to be exact.

To be honest, as odd as it really is, I shouldn't be judging. Anime and manga do cater for some weird fetishes and niches. One of the first mangas I really got into had weird brother complexes and pervy hot guys but I got through it and accepted manga for it's wackiness.

Though I get the demographic is supposedly Josei, the girl looks like a fetus next to one of the old men, seriously. This makes me feel really uncomfortable, age gaps are alright but the man shouldn't be old enough to be your father. Ionno what he's saying but it's probably like "well you coulds be duh ages of my daughter but ohhh wells".

There's one character who look older than the main character but not old enough to be her father. It reminds me of a manga called Lip Smoke where a high school girl falls in love with a middle aged man. Even though this sort of rubs me the wrong way, I'm curious and intrigued and I want to play it.  Yeah I know I'm rambling and being weird but I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way. 

Anyway I'll leave you with a video and you can be the judge.



Yeah idk.


Jiji, old man otaku, from Kuragehime approves

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh.. well props to the creators for making something original!
    The premise is interesting, but ultimately Old Men + Young Girl =awkwarddd

    ReplyDelete