Sunday 10 April 2011

Manga Review: As the Shinigami Dictates

Name: As the Shinigami Dictates
Author & Artist: Mimori Ao
Status: Completed
Chapters: 8
Genres: Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Supernatural, Tragedy
Plot:
Ayumi is a 16-year-old who has a crush on her classmate, Musashi. One day, the God of Death appears before her, and announces that she has only one month to live. There's no stopping the hourglass of fate!! Life is short, girl, so love with all your might!!
Review:
I personally avoid tragedy but for some reason I gave this a go because the story seem interesting. The story is not something completely original but the author gives her own twist and spin on things. Ayumi is a bit of a whiny character who obeys, her long time crush, Musahi's every command despite arguing with him a lot. Overall she's a pretty mediocre character, there's nothing special or dumb about her; she's just your typical manga heroine. Although I could add she has a strong sense of what is right (I guess).Musahi on the other hand is pretty typical as well, the guy who bosses the girl he likes around but it's his own awkward way of showing that he likes her (-rollseyes-). The shinigami, Shiro, is a refreshing character and I would describe him as an celestial being who learns what it is like to be human from Ayumi. And eventually he learns what _______ is.
All in all, it's a sweet story and even though it appears that I have described it negatively I actually really enjoyed it.

Sorry I haven't been posting anything on the site for the past week. I didn't forget, I just didn't have the time XD (tsk tsk excuses excuses).

0 comments:

Post a Comment