Saturday 15 January 2011

Other Shoujo Manga Sites

So I kinda screwed up my blogger template and I had to start all over again...
So yeh I wanted to smash the computer so many times XD


Anyways, I found some really good sites that are pretty good and informative if you want to go into more depth.

Photobucket

This site has been around for about 11 years or so and it has a gazillion manga titles (which makes it pretty comprehensive) and other articles such as a Common Shoujo Manga Plot Devices page. It's definitely a good place to look for some good shoujo manga titles.

Photobucket

This site features classic shoujo manga (60s-90s). The mangas there are pretty old; they were probably around before most of our parents were born. It's a good site to see how shoujo manga has evolved and grown out of the galaxy eyes and the petite beauties to freakishly gigantic eyes and the whiny shoujo manga heroines. But I think that some retro shoujo manga I found on the site were pretty unique and they were primarily set in places outside of Japan whereas now it's mostly school.

I think both these sites deserve a lot more traffic so visit them now :]

1 comment: