Saturday 20 July 2013

My Latest Fix: Ginzatoushi to Kuro no Yousei - Sugar Apple Fairytale


Name: Ginzatoushi to Kuro no Yousei - Sugar Apple Fairytale
Author & Artist: MIKAWA Miri & YUKIMURA Alto
Status: 4 chaptersOngoing
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo
Plot:From AQUA Scans:
In The Kingdom of Highland, a country where fairies are slaves of the humans, Ann Halford, a Candy Craftswoman, decides to purchase one in order to arrive the once-yearly Candy Fair to achieve the title of Silver Sugar Master.

Overview:
With the whole "fairies" premise, the expectations are a childish, magical girl story but it has a twist. All the fairies are enslaved bringing a realistic aspect to what would normally be an idealistic world.



What I love about it so far is that the girl is pragmatic and reasoning and thought processes behind her actions. 
She's not a goody-goody that believes "doing the right thing" over being rigid and straight-laced, most often leading the female protagonist making really stupid decisions (the male lead then becomes touched by her oh so sincere actions).

The male lead is your typical angsty guy with a bad past that has now effected his relationships but you can see him slowly coming around. He seems cold and a bit ruthless but has some sort of conscience since he never strays to the dark side, not totally tsundere which is a nice change (but I do love me some tsunderes).

Well seems like I'm rambling a bit but yes I like it, I do have a soft spot for fantasy shoujo with it's cringe worthy moral-of-the-story messages but I think it's quite a realistic interpretation of how people would actually act in the given setting.

I was really hesitant on talking about this but I'm sure it won't disappoint and I need people to suffer with me while I wait for updates >:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment